Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Lodger Review

The Lodger – "Watching / Not so Fast"

Sometimes when you listen to some bands / artists, you always find yourself enjoying the B Sides of their singles more rather than the actual A Sides (Main tracks).

Leeds based three piece band The Lodger are one example. Earlier on this year, I reviewed their first single on "Dance to the Radio" and made particular if my memory is correct to the fact I preferred both of the B Sides to the A Side or main track.

Strangely enough I found it exactly the same with this single, their second official single on doubledragonmusic (www.doubledragonmusic.com) and although the A Side is okay, although perhaps a bit too close to Bloc Party / Paul Weller for my liking, again it is the B Side "Not so Fast" which I think again is the much better track with the title summing it up perfectly as not as fast, but carrying twice as much as much impact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home