Monday, August 08, 2005

Anthony and the Johnsons Live Review

Anthony and the Johnsons Review, Live KCRW Radio

I know nothing about Anthony and the Johnsons aside from the fact they have just been nominated for a few major awards her in the UK, which means fuck all to me but their album is a nice little album, which their lead singer has a voice in a generation, which reminded me of Jeff Buckley, caus it literally sounds like nobody else.

The album itself is too close to easy listening in places, but live although they don’t rock out, they are much more compelling and his voice literally sends sends down your back, with the 1st track “My Lady Story”, and the 3rd track” My Sister”, with the third track reminding me of my own sister who has recently announced she is getting married fairly soon.

Not sure if she would like “My Sister”, but it is a real weepie to listen to.

Excellent stuff…

http://rapidshare.de/files/3115189/AAJ.zip.
Password: AlienOnAcid.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home