Thursday, April 21, 2005

Latest News...

Dear all;

Sorry for the endless lack of notes etc on here recently.

There has been a hell of a lot going on, not good truth be told...

Firstly, I had a minor accident about three weeks ago which has left me with a infected in-grown toe nail and also possibly a fractured toe (Because of the swelling they are still unable to tell which does not please me atall as it has left me
in a awful lot of pain)...

In addition, as I have told some people - I have now left Willow Park Housing Trust and am now currently unemployed at least for the moment.

I did have another part time job lined up to replace this, which was on excellent money truth be told, working for a place called "Community Conferencing" which is a sub branch of Victim Support based over in Heywood, a shitty little town (and this is not having a go at the people who live there) near Rochdale, which is on the out-skirts of Manchester.

I agreed to take this job (which I was told was for to the end of August and may well get carried on after that if funding is increased) and wound down my job at Willow Park HT gradually which they got somebody in to replace me on a full time basics.

This happened for about a month, and I left Willow Park HT on 14/04/05 to carry on with hopefully increased hours at Victim Support.

I walked into my Victim Support job on the Friday and did my normal days work and then got told at 2.45PM, half a hour before that they were terminating my contract on that day as funding had been withdrawn from that post and also that they didn't think I was good enough for the role.

To say I was gobsmacked was a completely understatement.

It is all well and good getting rid of people, but telling somebody half a hour before the end of that day is sheer pathetic, in particular just after I had left Willow Park HT, from which I could have got several more weeks work from if they had told me this before that day.

If anybody has heard the new track "You Know Who are" by Nine Inch Nails from their new album "With Teeth" - You will know exactly what they think of that shit heap of a company.

Otherwise, now I am unemployed for a week or two I think - it leaves me with time to get working again on "Setting Sun" which has been pretty in-active certainly for a good month or so.

I am currently waiting for a interview back from the noise terrorists "V/VM"
but I am going to follow up by e mailing the following people:

Tiger Baby (Cool Electro Pop)

Woman and Children (Dreamy Folk Atomsphersitics)

Blood Sundae (Excellent Goth / Alternative Rock)

Priscilla Hernandez (Independent Spanish Singer - Songwriter - Beauitful Voice)

Of course, I will be keeping my eyes open for more artists - if anybody knows anybody interesting of course - please do not hesistate to contact me on my e-mail address - aen1mpo@yahoo.co.uk

Creative wise, through the efforts of a pal, I am thinking about also about
setting up a artist's portofolio which will then replace the existing art work
page on "Setting Sun".

Lastly, since I am getting back to music making again, I am thinking about
up-dating the music page for "Setting Sun" also by up-dating the music pages for my bands...

And I should really be designing pages for Distance and Indecent Sacrifice, two
of my lesser known projects....

Enjoy the reviews as listed below also... There will be other reviews forthcoming as I am downloading lots of nice new music at the moment…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home