Monday, October 31, 2005

evergreen days reviews

Evergreen Days – "If I only knew the answer"

Evergreen Days – "Something we once had"

(Both released viva My Secret Recordings)

Discovered through Robots and Electronic Brains’s last issue, My Secret Recordings is a independent, independent label run from Sweden by Martin who releases CD Singles in incredibly limited runs off 30 to 50 I seem to recall.

Evergreen Days aka Emile Berg was probably my initial favourite from this sampler possibly because her music her incredibly lo fi recordings reminded me of two old Setting Sun favourites merged together namely Thrill Racer and Laura Watling, which makes her a natural for Setting Sun to interview.

The interview has now being completed and will be posted in due course, (am currently having formatting problems with the html which is causing delays) but in the meantime I thought it was only fair I dropped a quick line to recommend both of these Eps.

Out of the two, the first EP "If I only knew the answer" is the rougher and the less smooth off the two, but it is well worth listening to and has a couple of excellent tracks which I can personally recommend namely a brilliant instrumental first track "Happy Home" and "Fairytales" and "Autumn Rain" both of which carry a really sweet Autumn like feel to it.
Recommended.

The second EP "Something we once had" in contrast is a much smoother recorded EP but still contains the lo fi nature which made the first EP such a joy to listen, but it works as the stronger of the tracks on the EP namely "Tonight" and "She can’t sleep" – both seem to show Emile coming closer to what she wants to truly say and she carries it off with some style.
Recommended.

Track them down (and make sure you read the interview which will be online soon -

http://www.geocities.com/aen1mpo/ever.html soon)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home