Tuesday, April 18, 2006

General info

Dear all;

Finished posting this on my page (aen1mpo@yahoo.co.uk
If you are searching for my page) on myspace.com

I had never actually bothered posting much general
Information and stuff about it on it so now I have
Done it – thought it was only fair I posted here to
So all of your readers can now a few bits and pieces about me
Too..

Happy Reading

AEN

**

General:

Writing (I write poetry regularly – Bits of prose – Am halfway through my second novel and even bits of plays),
I do vocals in one band, DIH and play instruments currently in three other bands – B.A.N., M.A.N. and Distance.. Don’t do gigs though as my vocalist in B.A.N.
Lives in Italy, my vocalist in M.A.N. in Brighton and my
Two partners in D.I.H – Bourenmouth… I also like reading – Am currently Paul Auster’s ‘The Brooklyn Follies’ and have also recently read recently ‘Good Omens’ by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gainman as well as lots of good poetry – currently enjoying poetry by Charles Bukowski and some of Helen’s which I found on my hard drive before and which I had forgot about…

Music: Christ, now there is where the fun starts… As the owner / chief hack of ‘Setting Sun’ (http://www.geocities.com/aen1mpo) - I am always discovering and enjoying new music but currently, favourites are in no particular order.. Red House Painters, July Skies, Anthony and the Johnsons, August Skies, Bela Emerson, Dennis Wilson (Ex Beach Boys), Flying Saucer Attack, Gram Parsons (Get hold of his live version of ‘The New Soft Shoe’), Isobel Campbell (Her album ‘Broken of Broken Seas is beautiful), Jeff Buckley (Such a shame), Jenny Lewis with The Watson Lewis (Don’t really like Rilo Kiley but Jenny Lewis solo is something else), Matt Elliott / Third Eye Foundation, Music for Once, Caroline Martin, Ryan Adams, Zoe Konez, The Sundays, Laymar, The Blue Nile and so on really but this could change tomorrow..

Films:

Never watch as many as I should but currently – Mirrormask, V for Vendetta, The Seventh Seal, What’s
Eating Gilbert Grape, Amelie, Miller’s Crossing, wings of the Dove, anything by Bill Hicks, Mona Lisa, The Crying Game, Finding Neverland, The Nightmare before Christmas, Backbeat, Metrolopis, Stealing Beauty, The Shawshank Redemption, Before Sunset, Betty Blue. Intermission.. As you can see I like all sorts of films, although I do tend to struggle with a lot of the big blockbusters…

Television:

Never seem to watch a great deal to be honest..
Current favourites are 24, Desperate Housewives, Lost, Hustle and Alias.. As you can see I watch mostly action
Based ones – Sad I know but I like a bit of excitement when I watch TV, although I do like watching documentaries also but I couldn’t name any to you though (Bad memory I know)

Books:

Only just seen this and I half answered it above – but oh well… Currently reading: Paul Auster – The Brooklyn Follies and once I have finished this I will then return to Joolz Denby’s ‘Borrowed Light’… Other favourites include Margaret Atwood’s ‘Cat’s Eye’ Tom Baker’s (Doctor Who) The Boy who kicked pigs, some David Gemmell books ‘ The Last Guardian in particular… I must admit though I rarely seem to get time for reading novels or books – I am often too busy with life in general – I do love writing poetry though – Have been particular enjoying work recently by Derek Jarman, Charles Bukowski, Jack Kerouac, Henry Normal, John Hegley and also work by my friends Orla Fay, Conor Duffy, Helen Banks and the people in my writing group…

Heroes:
My hero is the people who make a difference in their lives – Whether it is in a job where they can make a difference in their life – Be it big or little – Remember people have the power (Patti Smith).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home