Sunday, March 12, 2006

new poems - things behind the sun project

Dear all;

Enclosed are a new sequence of poems all written after listening to Nick Drake’s last album “Pink Moon”…

The new poems are all based around poems and themes from “Pink Moon” – If I get time and chance I may have a go at doing a few more but in the meantime enjoy these for yourself – They are perhaps a little rough but for what they are as a excerise they have given me a lot of fun over the past week or so.

Hope you enjoy them too

Cheers

Andrew N

Things behind the Sun

Sailing down the northern line
Watching the shine of local stars.
Some of which I know
Others travelling despite
Hiding in things behind the sun.

Sailing but not thinking too hard
In Autumn for Free
Or Winter through fear.
Some may owe the earth
While others may wander the earth.

And although the movement
In my head
May be a journey
Amplised by this overpounding train.

It cries out
To a memory
Tat came to stay one rainy day
And would make other people frown
Hiding in things behind the sun.

Places where I can’t remember
The day or the night
Or the road that came out of nowhere
Or this buzzing that won’t leave my head
Hiding in things behind the sun.

*

The End


Falling up and falling down
This could be the end.

Falling up and falling down,
This could be just another bend.

Falling down you stagger up
With a flower – could this be a friend?

Or just another end.

*

I know

Know I don’t love you.
Know I don’t care
Know if I see you
Know I won’t be there.

Know I don’t miss you.
Know I don’t care.
Know if you see me
I know you’ve won’t be there.

*

Pink Moon

And none of you stood so tall.
None of you stood so proud.
Saw it written and I know it said.
Saw it written and I know it said.

And none of you stood so true.
None of you stood so alone.
I saw it written and I knew it said.
I saw it written and I knew it said.

And none of you stood in line.
None of you stood to attention.
I saw it written and I heard it said.
I saw it written and I heard it said.

Pink Moon is on its way.

And the rest is silence.

*

Which

Which will you answer?
Which shall you love?

Who will you call?
Who will you dance for?

What will you hope for?
What will you choose from
From the stars below.

Who will you take for
Your one and all
And like a dance
Spread across the skies
Will you love the best
And will you answer?

*

From the Beginning

A day once crowned
And it was beautiful.

A day once crowned
From the sky
To the ground
And the fall was
Beautiful.

The tumble
Was grateful
And the smile
In his eyes
Playful
But never taunting.

Taunting.

And now we rise
And eventually
Grow up.

And now we rise
From the ground
Instead off falling
From the sky
And eventually
Look back
At memories
Like photographs
From the beginning.
But always tumble
When you least
Expect it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home