Saturday, November 19, 2005

19/11/05

19/11/05

Saturday 19/11/05

Saturday is / was my last day in Cyprus and oddly enough it was the day I probably spent my most money in Cyprus probably helped by the fact I had delibatetely not spent a great deal of money over Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. On Saturday we started off towards our shopping with a little trip to a Cypritian boot sale.

A Car Boot Sale for those not aware of those sort of things is literally a cheap, cheap, cheap sale often where people sometimes sell literally rubbish from the back-side of their cars.

I first head off it myself back when I was 10 or 11 and so when Evi told me she had planned for us to go. I was immediately excited and wanted to go, just to compare more than anything to say how it was to the English Car Boot Sale.

In it’s own way, I guess it was as good expect to begin with it was a good deal bloody hotter, but reminding me of one or two others in England.

I bought a number of cheap CD’s by Greek / Cyrpritian acrs and a Japanese horror CD “A tale of Two Sisters” which I had wanted to watch for ages and ages – of course whether they are bootlegs or not I am not going to reveal of course, but I intend to review some soon.

The thing that really shocked me and sickened me too in a way when I saw some puppies placed in a box and sold at £10 Cypritian pounds per one. I’ll tell you for nothing when I saw that, I was nearly sick but I guess that was to be expected.

Afternoon, we went round one or two local supermarkets and it gave me a chance to get a few bits of food and compare it of course – what was interesting about that I guess ws with mass consumerism how many brands I know myself that were either British or American.

When I went to Brazil in 1995, I saw a bit off it but was kind of surprised how much the world has changed.

Who knows what it will be like next time I go abroad.
And oh we went to a lovely little Italian resturant on Saturday called “Little Venice” – lovely……..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home