Saturday, November 12, 2005

Johnny Depp Book Review

12/11/05

Book Review – Johnny Depp – a different kind of Illusion
By Denis Meikle

A lot of people who know me know I love Johnny Depp.

In my mind he is one of the best actors of his generation – far better than the Tom Cruises, Tom Hanks etc of his generation.

So when I picked up this book, I was hoping to read a book that would explore his relationship with director Tim Burton so far on “Edward Sissorhands”, “Ed Wood”, “Sleepy Hollow” and currently “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” as well as his relationship with Terry Gilliam on “Fear and Loathing” and the never finished “The Man who killed Don Quixode”

However, despite an clearly in depth knowledge of Mr. Depp, the book clearly fails to explore in more depth about the man himself, the man behind the person / persona and all we are left with is facts and facts and by the end of the book are we left with is questions?

Avoid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home